- GRS certified recycled Nylon structure for a precise fit
- Reinforced heel and toe for extra durability
- Traditional terry-loop construction
- Rib support across foot to prevent movement.
- 100% mulesing-free superfine merino wool next to the skin.
Why Merino Wool?
- Nature’s technical, performance fibre
- Anti-microbial and odour resistant
- Optimum moisture management
- Highly breathability
- Anti-static properties help to prevent itching
- Temperature regulating in a wide range of conditions; warm in winter, cool in the heat
- Remains warm even when wet
A Note About Colours
To celebrate the manufacture of our Stravaiger socks in the Highlands we’ve added the colour name in Gaelic. Gaelic is a wonderfully descriptive language with a strong connection to the landscape and the natural world. The colours are as follows:
Liath = Grey as in the grey of shattered quartzite screes as found on Beinn Liath Mhor (big grey hill) between Achnashellach and Torridon,
Gorm = Blue as in the dark blue/grey of a snow covered hill in an approaching storm. Think Cairngorm or Meall Gorm (both blue hill).
Dearg = Red, and pronounced “Jearg”, as in the red of Torridonian Sandstone. Think of the dramatic Maol Chean-dearg (bald red head) or, Ben Nevis’ neighbour, Carn Mor Derag (big red hill)
From professional to amateur, Moggans performance socks are designed to meet the demands of any athlete; from runners to ultra-runners, track runners to cyclists & mountain bikes, walkers, golfers and skiers.
Inspired by the nature and rugged landscape of the Pentland Hills just outside Edinburgh and made to withstand the demands of the notorious Scottish climate, our socks are made from a sustainable, superfine Merino wool next-to the skin with a recycled polyamide structure. The result is a sock that provides all day comfort and is tough enough to endure whatever the weather throws at you; mile-after-mile, day-after-day.
73% Merino Wool, 26% GRS Certified Recycled Nylon, 1% Elastane
For washing instructions, tips on sustainability and advice on how to keep you socks performing at their best visit our Product Care page.
At Moggans we recommend Nikwax Cleaners and Conditioners.
check out the rest of our merino range!
Looking for post adventure luxury?