For cleaning and conditioning woollen base layers
Speciality cleaner and conditioner designed to deodorise and enhance the wicking and drying performance of woollen items. Easy to use in your washing machine.
Why use Nikwax Wool Wash?
Woollen base layers are designed to be worn next to the skin, providing user comfort by maintaining body temperature and controlling moisture. They are highly wicking (will spread moisture out over a large area), fast drying and breathable. It is therefore essential to maintain these properties when caring for woollen base layers.
Base layers are fantastic for regulating your temperature and controlling body moisture, but to keep them functioning properly care must be taken when washing.
It is recommended to wash woollen items in mild liquid detergents and to avoid using powder or bio detergents, which contain enzymes. Using conventional household detergents or fabric conditioners can impair wicking properties by causing the fabric to retain moisture. This leads to reduced wicking capabilities and slow drying of the fabric, resulting in reduced user comfort. Additionally, standard household softeners and conditioners can lead to pilling over a number of washes.
Once your base layer has been used a few times wash it with Nikwax Wool Wash™ to refresh, remove odours, soften and enhance drying and cooling. Always apply Nikwax Wool Wash™ to used woollen base layers, socks and travel clothing to keep them in perfect condition.
Using conventional household detergents and fabric conditioners will impair the wicking properties of base layer fabrics. Standard household detergents do not stop odours from building up in the fabric when in use. Conventional fabric conditioners leave water-hating (hydrophobic) residues that will reduce the performance of the fabric, preventing it from spreading moisture and working to its maximum potential.
Nikwax Wool Wash™ outperforms conventional household detergents and fabric conditioners at improving wicking, accelerating drying, and removing and preventing odour build up.
Nikwax Wool Wash™ has been specifically formulated for use when cleaning and conditioning woollen base layers. If you have synthetic base layers make sure you use Nikwax BaseWash® for best results.
- Nikwax Wool Wash™ is easy to use as it cleans and conditions at the same time.
- Nikwax Wool Wash™ enhances and revitalises the natural wicking properties of woollen base layers and increases breathability. This helps the fabric to spread sweat, dry quickly, and keep you more comfortable in all conditions.
- Nikwax Wool Wash™ refreshes your woollen base layers by deodorising and maintains freshness by preventing odour build up when in use.
- Nikwax Wool Wash™ maintains the softness of your woollen base layers.
- Nikwax Wool Wash™ outperforms household detergents and fabric conditioners at improving wicking, accelerating drying, and removing and preventing odour.