View Double Ball PDF Product Guide
The Double Massage Balls are designed to be used for self-myofascial release. The unique peanut shape ball is used to relieve tension in muscles by stimulating blood flow and nervous system.
- Full body massage.
- Perfect texture and size for self-massage.
- Upper traps, chest, para spinal muscles.
- Upper limb and lower limb.
- An excellent means of reducing tension, relieving aches and improving circulation.
- The balls offer a simple and pleasant method of self-massage that can be done any time, at home or work.
Please read the instructions below before using the ball and check the balls for possible wear
before every use.
- Perform exercises in a slow and controlled manor.
- Ensure you breathe whilst performing the exercises to avoid excessive strain.
- Discontinue any exercise that is uncomfortable or causes discomfort.
- As with any other physical activity, it is recommended you consult with your doctor when beginning any type of exercise program.
- Always remain hydrated.
How Balls Should Feel During or After Use:
During use, the Double Massage Balls elicit a strong pressure sensation, aching, discomfort or a “good
pain”, and occasionally a crack or pop, which are all normal sensations.
After use, you generally feel pain relief, less stiff, and able to sit with much better posture. It is possible to develop a ‘bruised’ sensation similar to after a strong massage. This is a normal temporary response and shouldn’t last longer than 1-2 days. Cease use if this pain persists, and see your local doctor or health
- Place the ball on the allocated area to be massaged.
- Seek out any irritable spots of muscle my moving your body around on the ball.
- Lie stationary on the balls for 30 seconds, then push through your heels and roll the balls down your spine 2cm.
- To further increase the pressure from balls, fold arms across your chest. This exposes the joints in the mid thoracic region to more therapeutic pressure. Gently roll to one side if you feel pain more on one side.
- To maximally increase pressure, raise your arms overhead. This position is especially beneficial for swimmers, cyclists, runners and triathletes.
FOOT ARCH PAIN/PLANTAR FASCIITIS
The Double Massage balls can be used to massage the arches of the feet, and are very beneficial for plantar fasciitis. Whilst sitting, place both feet evenly on Balls and roll forwards and backwards
for 5 minutes twice a day applying as much pressure as you can tolerate.
Balls are a great tool to lie on or sit on to release the tight trigger points in the gluteal region. Apply direct pressure to the tight gluteal muscles for 30 seconds or until the trigger point or tight muscle relaxes. Repeat in other tight adjacent areas.
NECK AND HEADACHES
Lie flat on your back, and rest your head on a pillow. Tuck your chin in slightly.
Place balls under each side of your neck, and roll them up and down the neck region. Hold in specific area of tenderness and move head side to side to address get a more specific massage.
Make the massage stronger by removing the pillow. This is a good exercise for releasing muscle tension and fatigue in the neck.
Stand up straight, cross your legs, and place two small spikey balls between your side and a wall. Place your arm over your head to bend away from the wall (thus placing more pressure against the balls). You will feel a stretch on the side of your lower back.
Live On The Edge Ltd assumes no liability or responsibility for accidents or injury to person or property that may result from the improper use of this product. Be sure to always consult your health care professional or licensed medical doctor before exercising with these bands or beginning any type of exercise program.
These exercises are designed to reduce muscle tension and improve flexibility of specific joints and muscles. Simply place the ball in the specified areas and slowly move your body up and down along the double balls and then pivot side to side allowing the ball to massage the area.
Repeat this process for 30-60 seconds provided there it is comfortable and does not cause pain. If you find a particular area of tightness, you can apply sustained pressure to that particular spot for 20
seconds or until the muscle relaxes.